Celebrating entrepreneurs across the Princeton community
The Princeton Entrepreneurship Council (PEC) presents the Tiger Entrepreneur Award, a prestigious award designed to celebrate the value of entrepreneurship and innovation across the Princeton community and to emphasize the University’s commitment to Entrepreneurship the Princeton Way.
This annual award is given to up to four individuals (or teams of) undergraduate students, graduate students, or early-career alumni who demonstrate success in entrepreneurship.
Eligible candidates are Princeton University undergraduate and graduate students, or alumni holding a degree from any Princeton University undergraduate or graduate program after January 1, 2015. Up to three (3) eligible candidates can be nominated together as one (1) team candidate. The nominee must be in good standing with the University, as determined by the Office of the Registrar, the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students, and/or the Office of the Dean of the Graduate School.
Students/alumni interested in the award must be nominated by a Princeton University faculty or staff member, student, alum, or may nominate themselves. An eligible candidate can approach potential nominators to seek a nomination.
Step 1: Nominators fill out the Tiger Entrepreneur Award Nomination Form on behalf of the nominee.
All nominations must be received by PEC by Sunday, September 29, 2019 at 11:59pm PT.
Step 2: PEC will contact the nominee via email to request:
- Authorization to verify status of good standing with the University.
- Submittal of supplemental materials via the Tiger Entrepreneur Award Supplemental Materials Form. These materials will include:
- Cover Letter (one-page maximum)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from fellow students, coworkers, investors, mentors, faculty, staff and/or alumni familiar with the entrepreneurial work of the nominee
All application materials (nomination, cover letter, resume/CV, letters of recommendation) must be received on or before Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 11:59pm PT.
The Tiger Entrepreneur Award Selection Committee will evaluate applicants based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial success as Princeton defines entrepreneurship, which is "the initiation of transformations through risk-taking actions and value-creating organizations". Founders of both commercial and social enterprises are encouraged to seek nominations.
- Demonstrated experience with and commitment to inspiring others in entrepreneurship, driving change through entrepreneurial work, or making outstanding contributions to significant entrepreneurial projects.
The Tiger Entrepreneur Award Selection Committee will make final selections in mid-October. Award winners will be notified via email.
The 2019 Tiger Entrepreneur Awards will be presented at the Celebrate Princeton Innovation reception on November 14, to be held at the Frick Chemistry Laboratory.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.