Explore the possibilities at Princeton's innovation and entrepreneurship conference.
This multi-day, virtual conference will help create new connections among Princeton innovators and leaders in entrepreneurship, industry, nonprofit organizations, and government in the state, regional and global innovation ecosystems. Engage 2020 brings together a roster of accomplished academics, inventors, and entrepreneurs from science, medicine, engineering, technology, social sciences and the arts, and external partners from government, businesses, finance, and organizations.
Our integrative conference platform will offer many opportunities to interact with our speakers and other conference attendees.
Among the highlights:
Each year, our faculty researchers and their teams come together with friends in the innovation ecosystem to celebrate the impacts of University technologies on everyday lives. The event features seven faculty researchers who, through their creativity and entrepreneurial spirit, are developing innovations that have the potential to make a difference.
Princeton-connected companies will present at Princeton Entrepreneurship Council's Startup Showcase, an event that introduces funders of all kinds to selected Princeton startups. Prior Showcases have focused on Princeton women and underrepresented minority founders and executives. Startups invited to present at the Showcase span industries, funding needs, and stages of development.
Bringing together alumni, students and faculty, the conference educates, inspires and engages the Princeton entrepreneurial community through panel discussions and skill-building workshops on a wide range of entrepreneurial topics, and presents opportunities to encourage collaborations and connections.
New Jersey Core Facility Showcase
Now in its second year, the New Jersey Core Facility Showcase highlights research services available at academic institutions throughout the state, including Princeton, Rutgers, Rowan, Stevens and Montclair State universities as well as NJIT. Spanning disciplines, these facilities include advanced microscopy, informatics, cleanroom nanofabrication, brain imaging and more.
Engage 2020 will feature faculty appearances including:
- Andrea Goldsmith, Princeton's incoming Dean of the School of Engineering and Applied Science, and co-founder of Quantenna Communications and Plume WiFi, will discuss her vision for Princeton engineering.
- David MacMillan, the James S. McDonnell Distinguished University Professor of Chemistry, will address the importance of industry partnerships in bringing academic discoveries to life.
- Bonnie Bassler, the Squibb Professor in Molecular Biology, will speak as part of a panel on life science research collaborations.
- Leonard Wantchekon, Professor of Politics and International Affairs, will talk about cofounding the African School of Economics in Benin
- Marshall Brown, Associate Professor of Architecture and Director of the Princeton Center of Architecture, Urbanism and Infrastructure, will join a panel on how universities, government and industry can work together to improve communities.
- Office of the Dean for Research
- Princeton Innovation
- Princeton Entrepreneurship Council
- Corporate Engagement and Foundation Relations
- Office of Technology Licensing