- Prof. Yibin KangAffiliation
- Dr. Mark Esposito *17Affiliation
- Jacob Van Naarden '06Affiliation
- Dr. Debra Yu '86Affiliation
- Dr. Stacy Blain '89Affiliation
- Dr. Laura Forese '83 P13 P18Affiliation
Princeton Entrepreneurship Council and co-host NewYork-Presbyterian, with opening remarks by Laura Forese, M.D. '83 P13 P18, EVP and Chief Operating Officer of New York-Presbyterian, are pleased to announce an exciting TigerTalks in the City panel discussion on how recent advances in genomics are enabling new therapies for the treatment of cancer and other conditions. The expert panelists have experiences spanning academic research and new company creation to VC investments and management of high-performance business units within large companies with big valuations and expectations. New research technologies and the process of using these technologies to enable therapies to benefit patients will each be discussed from both founder and investor perspectives.
- Professor Yibin Kang (profile), Warner-Lambert/Parke-Davis Professor of Molecular Biology, who oversees the Kang Lab and is Co-Founder of KayoThera.
- Dr. Mark Esposito *17 (profile), Co-Founder and CEO of KayoThera, developing new therapeutics for patients with late-stage or metastatic cancers, focusing on inhibiting a key enzyme that is responsible for protecting cancer cells and depleting regulatory T cells from these tumors.
- Jacob Van Naarden ‘06 (profile), Co-Founder and COO of Loxo Oncology (acquired earlier this year by Eli Lilly for $8 billion). Loxo develops products for patients with genomically defined cancers and is the first company to receive FDA approval for treatment of genomically-defined cancers.
- Dr. Stacy Blain ‘89 (profile), Co-Founder and Chief Scientific Officer of ConCarlo Holdings which develops innovations for combating drug resistance and focusing on targeted therapies and diagnostics in breast cancer care.
- Dr. Debra Yu '86 (profile) has 30+ years of experience in the life sciences industry as a VC investor, company executive, strategic advisor, and expert in China-US cross-border financing and partnerships. She is currently President & CBO of LianBio, a company focused on developing therapeutic medicines in China.
TigerTalks in the City is a PEC-sponsored educational and networking program that features faculty and alumni entrepreneurs across a wide range of startup sectors. Previous panels have focused on topics such as blockchain technologies, AI in the fintech sector, water sustainability, smart cities, arts entrepreneurs in live theatre, autonomous vehicle solutions, computer vision applications, and black alumni entrepreneurs.
The panel discussion will begin promptly at 6:30 pm and will be followed by a networking reception.
Read extended bios of the panelists.
Please register early for this event to assure your seat.
6:00 pm - 6:30 pm Check-In
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm Panel discussion and audience Q&A
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm Networking reception
For more information, visit the TigerTalks home page.