September 10, 2020 | 96m
Princeton Entrepreneurship Council (PEC), the Association of Black Princeton Alumni (ABPA), the Association of Latino Princeton Alumni (ALPA) and Princeton Alumni Angels (PAA) hosted the Princeton Underrepresented Minority Founders Startup Showcase. The showcase was held virtually via Zoom on Thursday, September 10.
The Princeton Underrepresented Minority Founders Startup Showcase featured the following seven companies:
- borderless - Start accepting bank payments online saving up to 80% on processing fees. Pay online with your bank & track your payments like a package. No contracts. No wallets. No monthly or hidden fees. Get paid faster with direct bank payments. [fintech]
- Friday - The first privacy-native app that lets users control personal data in regulated industries. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org [datatech]
- Lelu - A mission-driven EdTech company that uses an integrated monthly subscription program (with Spanish + STEAM activity boxes, 1-1 tutoring and community classes) to deliver the most effective language acquisition for kids and empower a more bilingual next generation. [edtech]
- Mirror Digital - A leading multicultural media company comprising a digital publisher network, a social influencer network, and a programmatic marketplace. Our 850 diverse content creators deliver authentic connections across web, mobile, social, video, and emerging digital media platforms for Fortune 500 brands. [marketingtech]
- Reclaim Energies - Reclaim Energies is developing hydroturbines that convert excess kinetic energy in wastewater systems into clean electricity. [cleantech]
- Silenyx - Princeton-based biopharmaceutical company that is revolutionizing the field of natural product drug discovery by tapping into hidden microbial compounds that traditional methods have not been able to access. [biotech]
- TruGenomix - A science-driven precision behavioral health company seeking to bring behavioral health in the 21st century by leveraging the power of genomics, artificial intelligence and machine learning to improve the diagnosis and treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders. [biotech]
Each participating startup will present for 6 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of audience Q&A. Attendees used Pre.vc app on their mobile device to provide feedback to each of the startups and “invest” fictional TigerBucks currency in support of their favorite startup(s). At the end of the showcase, the top startups - based on size of total audience investment - were recognized.
U.S. underrepresented minorities (URM) include citizens and permanent residents who self-declare their race or ethnicity to be one of the following: Black/African American, Latino/Hispanic, American Indian/Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian/other Pacific Islander. It also includes citizens and permanent residents who self-declare a multi-racial identity, provided at least one of the racial identities on its own is included in the U.S. URM definition.